Ok, this one is a quick fix, but a hearty soup you can eat all year-long.
My kids enjoy it with a little bit of shredded cheese!
- 1 cup of rotisserie chicken breast (skin removed).
- 2 cans of organic crushed canned tomatoes
- 2 cans of organic black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can of organic pinto beans (rinsed)
- 1 can of green enchilada sauce
- 2 bags of Steamfresh corn (steamed)
- 3 cups of organic chicken broth
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning
To prepare, saute’ onion in the olive oil in 4-quart soup pot (2~3 min). Add tomatoes, beans, corn, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, and seasoning. Let simmer for ~30 min. Add chicken, and stir again. Squeeze lime juice into the pot, stir again. Serve with tortilla chips.
Modifications: You could remove the chicken for a meatless option. Add cilantro, cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt, or avocado.
Prep time: ~ 45 min
Calories per container: ~250 (without chips)
# of containers: Approx. ~8