I enjoyed the bean soup so much last week, that I decided to make another bean inspired soup for this week… but, I wanted to make a meatless option instead.
Soups are such an easy meal prep as we move into fall.
- 4 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 cans of Organic Black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can of Organic diced tomatoes in tomato sauce (drained)
- 6 cups of baby spinach (cleaned)
- 1 bag of Steamfresh sweet corn (steamed)
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of Wildtree Spicy Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Soup prep, in a soup pot over med/high heat, add olive oil, chopped onion, minced garlic and saute ~3 min, add Wildtree seasoning, saute for another minute or so. Once onion is tender, add spinach and sauté again until spinach is wilted. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 10~15 minutes.
Modifications: This meal prep is also very low calorie, so feel free to pair with a yummy side like a small salad, tortilla chips, or 1/2 sandwich! You could even top with Greek yogurt, guacamole, or cheese!
Prep time = ~ 30 min
Calories = ~110
# of containers = 8