I love enchiladas… oh, that warm cheesy goodness… the red enchilada sauce…. yum! My mouth is watering just thinking about!
This one I totally cheated on though… let me tell you how!
- 2 10 oz bags of Simple Truth Organic White Quinoa -Frozen, already cooked!!
- 2 cans of Organic Black Beans (drained, rinsed)
- 2 cans of red enchilada sauce
- 1 can of diced green chilis
- 1 bag of Steamfresh sweet corn
- 1 tbsp of Wildtree Taco Seasoning
- 1 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 2 cups Mexican blend finely shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
So here’s my cheat… by using the pre-cooked frozen quinoa, I saved 20 min of the prep time. I warmed the quinoa and corn up in the microwave together following the instructions. At the same time, I sauteed the vegetables until tender (~5 min), add the Wildtree taco seasoning to enhance the flavor. Next, I added the cooked veggies, quinoa, corn, black beans, cilantro, enchilada sauce, lime juice, and 1 cup of cheese to a mixing bowl and lightly tossed. I poured the mixture into a 9 x 15 baking dish and then sprinkled with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 ~ 25 min until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Add-ons: You can pair this with chips, guacamole, Greek yogurt, sour cream, salsa, etc.
Prep time = ~ 30 min
Calories = ~300
# of containers = 8