I’ve been wanting to try Zucchini noodles for a while now, so with the previous prep (Grass Fed Beef Pasta), I decided to use some of the ingredients for 2 different dishes.
This is a great shortcut to reduce time. Any protein can be cooked and then used for multiple dishes.
For this one, I increased the quantity of the ground beef, asparagus, mushroom mixture, to create the base for my ragù.
What is “ragù“? In northern Italy regions, ragù typically uses minced, chopped or ground meat, cooked with sauteed vegetables in a liquid. – Wikipedia
- ~1/2 lb grass fed ground beef (browned, drained)
- 10 asparagus stalks (chopped ~1 to 1 1/2 inch pcs)
- 1 cup of organic baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 10.7 oz container of Veggie Noodle Co. Zucchini Spirals
- 1 cup of Organic Tomato Basil Spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown beef in a skillet, once no longer pink, be sure to drain the grease. Depending on how lean the meat is you buy, will determine what needs to be removed from the skillet.
Now that the meat is prepared, add chopped asparagus, mushrooms, and seasoning. Saute mixture until veggies are cooked.
Add zucchini noodles to skillet, and saute for ~ 3 min. Gently tossing mixture.
Add spaghetti sauce, and again gently toss.
Prep time = ~ 15 min
Calories = ~150
# of containers = 4