Time is on my side this week with my double duty pasta meal prep! Check out pasta #1 Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach, & Sausage Alfredo Pasta!
Just like the pasta #1 dish, I mixed 2 different types of pasta: Whole Grain + Protein Enriched. By mixing them, I thought it would be the best of both worlds… high fiber, with an added protein kick.
- 1/2 box of Barilla Whole Grain Penne Pasta (cooked)
- 1/2 box of Barilla Protein Plus Penne Pasta (cooked)
- 1 jar of Simple Truth Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 package of Jennie-O Italian Seasoned Ground Lean Turkey
- 2.5 oz of fresh organic baby spinach (1/2 5 oz container)
- 1.5 oz of California Sun-Dry Sun-Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut (1/2 3 oz bag)
- 1/2 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like the spice)
- 2 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of finely shredded parmesan cheese.
In the pasta pot over medium-high heat brown the ground turkey. About 1/2 way through the cooking process I added the red pepper flakes.
Once the sausage is cooked, add sundried tomatoes, spinach, and other seasonings. Saute until spinach is wilted (~2 min). Add cooked pasta.
Slowly add tomato sauce, and stir. I add the sauce slowly to avoid adding too much, maybe start with 1/2 the jar at first.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Prep time = ~ 30 min
Calories = ~250
# of containers = 8