Have you had a V8 today? I have!!!
I’ve been making chili this way for years. My mom used this type of recipe, and it really boosts the level of vegetable goodness off the scale.
- 1 46 oz bottle of V8 juice (original)
- 2 cans of organic black beans (rinsed)
- 2 cans of organic red kidney beans (rinsed)
- 2 cans of Bush’s mild chili beans
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 2 green bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 28oz organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey (browned)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
Put everything into a soup pot or a crockpot, cook until veggies are tender.
- I cooked my approx. ~4 hours on low in the crockpot and it was perfect!
- On the stove, I would saute veggies first, and then simmer the chili for ~20 to 30 mins.
This recipe makes a full crockpot (~16 servings).
Prep time = ~ 45 min (stovetop)
Calories = ~150
# of servings = 16