It’s cold, and after rich food from Christmas what better way to replenish with fresh ingredients. I’m continuing to learn about balance in my days, my food choices… and the holidays have been a perfect chance to try some new recipes to help regain balance after several meals that were heavy in carbs, fat, and sugar. As much as I enjoyed tasting all those comfort foods, my body was definitely left craving the fresh, clean meals I’m use to.
Much like the Detox Vegetable Soup, this soup is packed full of fresh ingredients sure to get you back on track to eating and feeling great!
- 1 rotissarie chicken shredded / chopped (I buy from Sprouts, to make sure no antibotic / hormone, etc.)
- 1 organic onion (chopped)
- 4 slim organic carrots (chopped)
- 1 container of sliced organic fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups of fresh organic spinach
- 1 10 oz bag of frozen organic kale
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans (drained, rinsed)
- 2 32 oz boxes of organic chicken broth
- 1/2 Tbsp of garlic powder (or use fresh garlic)
- 1 Tbsp of poltry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
I didn’t use the crockpot for this one, instead used a large soup pot.
Saute onion, and carrots in olive oil until onions are tender (carrots will cook more as the soup develops), add mushrooms, spinach and saute for ~2 min more. Add remaining ingredients (chicken, kale, beans, seasonings, and broth).
Bring to a simmer, and let soup cook for ~30 min until carrots are tender. Enjoy!
Calories = ~150 calories
Containers = 10