Love cooking with new veggies. I’ve never bought or cooked with broccolini… didn’t really know that was a thing. It’s like broccoli but a little more tender. This dish was inspired by a Pinterest find. Love trying new vegetarian dishes as well. Trying to go meatless each week for a couple of meal preps.
Pinterest link (original recipe): https://fitfoodiefinds.com/vegetarian-kung-pao-quinoa-bowls//
I did modify some, like eliminating the Green Goddess dressing… I made it but it wasn’t for me. I don’t post what I won’t eat. So this prep I’m keeping it simple and letting the broccolini be the star!
- 2 bags of 10 oz bags of Simple Truth Organic White Quinoa -Frozen, already cooked!!
- 2 bunches of broccolini (4~5 cups) – cleaned, and I trimmed the ends only.
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded carrots (I used bag, already prepared)
- 1 can of organic garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp of soy sauce (I used Simple Truth)
- 1 Tbsp of sriracha
- 1 Tbsp of chili paste
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
In a skillet, saute veggies and beans in sesame oil and garlic. Once veggies are cooked, add remaining ingredients (soy sauce, sriracha, chili paste, honey).
Simultaneously, cook quinoa according to directions on package. (or you can make your own quinoa… I took a shortcut this week)
Put veggies over quinoa and top with chopped peanuts if desired.
Calories = ~325 calories per container (w/o peanuts)
Prep Time = 20 min
# of Containers = 5 containers