Ok, so I was in total shortcut mode today. … for the sloppy joe sauce, I used Manwich. I know, I know it’s in a can, and ingredients are just ok… but, I’m ok with that sometimes considering I used 2 lbs of meat, so the sauce portion per serving was reduced. I do have a recipe for an easy sloppy joe sauce (it’s also included below).
- 2 lbs of Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 can of Manwich (or homemade sauce, see below)
- 3 organic sweet potatoes (cleaned, skin removed, diced)
- 2 bag of frozen green beans (I used Private Selection Haricots Verts Green Beans)
- 1~2 Tbsp of olive oil (for roasting sweet potatoes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook ground turkey until brown, add sauce and let simmer.
To roast sweet potatoes, preheat oven 400 degrees. Place potatoes on baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for ~30 min.
Cook green beans according to package directions.
[Homemade sloppy joe sauce option (typically this is per ~1 lbs of ground meat, depends on how saucy you like it… I probably wouldn’t double.)]
- 1/2 cup of ketchup (organic, low sugar, etc. whatever you prefer)
- 1/8 cup of yellow mustard
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar or honey
- 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
Calories = ~200 calories per container
Prep time = ~40 min
# of containers = 6~8 containers (I actually used some of the meat for another prep)