Ok, so I’ve made this one 3 times in the past 2 months. It’s so good! I like cauliflower, but this is a treat because it tastes like pizza, but low calorie and low carb. You can make this with meat or just veggies! It’s super flavorful!!!
- 2~medium size heads of organic cauliflower, cleaned and chopped into bite size pieces. I find 1 head of cauliflower isn’t quite enough… you need enough to fill a large baking sheet.
- 1 jar of Simple Truth Organic Pizza sauce (1 ~ 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 medium Onion, diced
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2~3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional ingredients:
- Pepperoni – cut into small pieces
- Black olives
- Banana peppers
- Whatever you favorite pizza toppings! Go for it!
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Take a large baking sheet and line with foil for easy clean up (optional). Spread cut cauliflower in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil, 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, and toss until all pieces are coated. Bake for 25~35 min until cauliflower is roasted, turning flowerets occasionally to get an even cook.
In a 9×13, spread a small amount of pizza sauce on the bottom. Add roasted cauliflower, top with pizza toppings evenly across the top. Spread the rest of the pizza sauce across the top and lightly mix through the dish. You want a fairly even coat. Sprinkle cheese on top, and the remaining 1/2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
Bake for 30 min or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Let cool for ~5 min, and enjoy!
Calories = ~100 per serving (without optional ingredients)
# of Containers = ~8 (depends on container size)